Old 31-03-2004, 02:56 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Advice sought from Pond People

"SjT" wrote in message ...
My pond looks crap and i blame the earth for it! It's all on the
****, the water is higher up one end than it is the other, and the
bricks look crap cause there's a massive amount of exposed liner
before you get to the water level.

This is a typical problem when the pond is not level. As a result you have a
high side and a low side. You can solve this problem in a number of ways.

1) Tear the pond out and re-do it. Be sure to level the pond edge either
using a waterlevel, or my preference, a nice straight 2x4 and a carpenters
level. A level hole can be filled to the rim, hiding your liner.

2) Use floating or emergent plants in the are of the visible liner, and use
a piece of fishing line across the pond to keep the plants in that area. The
fishing line will be invisible and the dense plant growth will hide the
liner.

3) Plant terrestrial plants that cascade. I have an area of visible liner on
my VF. I planted some mint about that area, and by mid-spring, you can't see
anything but cascades of green leaves, in search of the pond water below.

Also, all the liner is creased round the corners, there's big pockets
for frogs to get in and shag, and leave tabioca everywhere.

With an odd-shaped pond this is nearly impossible to avoid. Embrace it.
Allow it to get covered in algae and become part of the pond surface.

I am not happy

Most Porgs are constantly changing their pond. Don't be unhappy, be driven
to make it better.

So i'm gonna re-do it right now!

Anyone know the best method on getting a pond level on sloped ground?

snip
If this is too much help to ask for, i would appreciate any websites
any of you guys have.

My site is Iheartmypond.com. It is not as extensive as some of the others
(YET!) but it's getting there.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com