Old 31-03-2004, 07:25 PM
zxcvbob

Default Fire ants in veggie garden

Pan Ohco wrote:

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 02:07:20 -0600, "Elizabeth"
wrote:

Thanks to all for your advice. I thought about just flooding the
garden ( with water ) in the hope that the darn things would move
on. Fire ants are the worst!

Elizabeth try sprinkling instant grits around the mound. It works for
me.
Pan Ohco

What if the neighbors see you buying *instant* grits? Do you think
they'd believe it's to get rid of ants? You might never live it down.

(For those that don't know what I'm talking about, real Southerners will
only use "Old fashioned" grits, or "quick" grits in a pinch. Instant
grits are not very good, and the only reason they are in the stores is
as joke to sell to ignorant Yankees)

-bob