Old 01-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Grasshopper

Default Grass Recommendation

I live in Gardner, KS ( just outside Kansas City ) and have dog in the
backyard. I'd like to put down a tough grass that will be easy to take
care of. I have thought about zoysia and bermuda but don't know enough
to decide on either one. I hear bermuda takes a short time to spread
but you'll never get rid of it. That could be a problem for the
neighbors or something like that. Zoysia requires dethatching, so I
hear. Both shouldn't be cut with a regular gas mower. I'd like it so
my yard evens out ( no clumps ), is strong enough for the dog to run
all over it, easy to take care of, and hopefully green most of the
time. I have a 6' privacy fence all the way around it, but that's
about the only shade part of the yard gets. Any help would be greatly
appeciated. Thanks.