Old 31-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Jim Lewis

Default [IBC] Killing little white spiders?

Obviously no one will be able to diagnose what kind of spiders

they are
without a picture or more info, but I'm wondering if there is a
tree-friendly spider killing mixture that people can suggest?

I have not
tried anything yet on these, but soapy water hasn't worked in

the past on
other spiders I've had. I have some chrystanthemum-based

pyrethrins
insecticide spray, but it has caused some defoliation and leaf

darkening
when I've had to use it in the past for mites.

Thanks!

Well, the spiders are harmless. And, with them around, you're
unlikely to have problems with mites, aphids, mealybugs or
whiteflies.

Short of fumigating the room(s) you are unlikely to put a dent in
the spider population, anyway because they're "nesting" in some
dark, out-of-the way spot and what you are seeing is their
half-grown progeny.

David Thoreau - Walden

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --