Old 01-04-2004, 08:16 PM
BenignVanilla

Default String Algae Invasion

"stricks760" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi -

I went on a five day vacation, and while I was gone it was hot (like 90
degrees, So. Cal).

When I got back, I had string algae all over - down the waterfall, in the
pond, the fish were freaking out, etc. I mean, this stuff was everywhere.

This is my first spring, the pond went 'live' last September. What should

do, I've never even seen string algae until the past two weeks!

Scoop it our where it looks ugly, on your falls etc. Toss it in your compost
heap. Don't worry about it in the future. It's normal and means your pond
has a healthy biosystem going. IMHO, some string algae is good...any plant
feasting on fish poop is a good plant if you ask me.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com