Old 01-04-2004, 08:17 PM
RichToyBox

Default String Algae Invasion

A new, not used, toilet brush, the type with a ball shape, swirled around
the pond will remove lots of it. For the water fall area, I have heard that
you can turn off the water fall, salt the string algae, and then turn the
waterfall back on.
--
RichToyBox

"stricks760" wrote in message
ink.net...
Hi -

I went on a five day vacation, and while I was gone it was hot (like 90
degrees, So. Cal).

When I got back, I had string algae all over - down the waterfall, in the
pond, the fish were freaking out, etc. I mean, this stuff was everywhere.

This is my first spring, the pond went 'live' last September. What should

do, I've never even seen string algae until the past two weeks!