Old 01-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Steveo

Default Fertilized, then aerated?

"Steve Wolfe" wrote:
Why wouldn't you want to use a complete fertilizer? You're feeding
your lawn candy canes with that stuff.

Candy canes, huh? Wow. I'm completely amazed. One of the most
heavily-used elements in any living organism, and you call it candy
canes.

Do you happen to think that the grass will take up nitrogen in
abundance, and somehow deposit it somewhere like fat? Or do you believe
that it will somehow go ahead and build it's tissues completely out of
nitrogen, leaving out other elements? I would be very, very interested
in hearing about just why you think it's "candy canes". Finding out how
plants' use of nitrogen correlates to an animal's use of sugar would be
oh-so-fascinating.

(Besides, you seem to have missed the part where I said that I cut the
ammonium sulfate into a much larger quantity of more balanced
fertilizer.)

steve

1 pound of Nitrogen per 1000 sq ft is -all- you need. Don't
try to re-write chemical lawncare with your Nitrogen fetish.