Old 01-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Steveo

Default Fertilized, then aerated?

"Steve Wolfe" wrote:
1 pound of Nitrogen per 1000 sq ft is -all- you need. Don't
try to re-write chemical lawncare with your Nitrogen fetish.

I'm still waiting to hear your answers to my questions. I'm still
assuming that you're capable of talking about facts and presenting ideas,
and that flinging around words like "fetish" isn't the only defence you
have when your position is challenged. Of course, I could be wrong, but
I'm still waiting to see if you can address my points before I jump to
any conclusions.

As a recap, I'd like to hear just what your reasoning is for comparing
the uptake of nitrogen in plants to the use of sugar in animals. I'm
also waiting to hear just what you thing happens when there's more
nitrogen in the soil than the grass needs. If you want people to come
around to your way of thinking, present them with evidence and ideas.

steve

I don't think anyone is going to change your mind, your lawn will
have to suffer the consequences for that to happen.

Ever hear of Nitrogen run-off contamination of ground water? It's
people like you who contribute to it, with product abuse.

http://tinyurl.com/2bno5

Over use of Nitrogen promotes surge growth and disease in turf-grass.
You can also burn your turf easily with it.

I'm trying to help people here, your recipe for disaster needs
to be pointed out.

HTH