Old 01-04-2004, 08:25 PM
Tom Hale

Default Odd Cloudy Water Question/Problem

"RedForeman ©®" wrote in message
You're not the first person who has come here with that complaint, and to my
recollection, they were all linked back to the use of Laterite...

Suggestion: regular gravel and flourite, you'll have cloudiness for a few
days, but nothing like you're talking about... it's the kind that won't come
back unless you turn the gravel/flourite over once a day....

Ok, Stupid question time.

#1: How much flourite per gallon if I wanna use it with gravel? (Tank
is a 55g tall)

#2: Is there an easy way to remove the Laterite from the current
gravel?

#3: Could it be the amount of water movement/filtration I have? A
friend of mine has never had this problem, and he is the one who
recommended Laterite to me, he uses it without problem.

#4: Does anyone else use Laterite without this problem?

Thanks for all the help.

T.