Old 02-04-2004, 03:50 AM
Stephen Howard

Default How do I attract butterflies

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:36:12 GMT, Tim Challenger
"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at" wrote:

Stinging-nettle soup for your garden: :-)

Fill a big pot/drum with nettles, fill 3/4 with water and stand pot in a
warm location do not cover. It should start fermenting - leave for a week
or two, stirring every day or so. When it's finished fermenting it should
be a dark brown colour (and probably smell awful). Remove nettles and bung
on compost, you can now cover the pot if you want.

Ain't no 'probably' about the awful smell - it really does niff
something chronic!

Dilute 1:50 and spray to fight aphids.
or 1:10 or stronger as a liquid feed. Rich in nitrogen and potash.
Or so I'm told.

I've used it as a foliar feed, and it works wonders.
I'd be inclined to spray it on late in the evening, to give the odour
a chance to dissipate overnight.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk