Old 02-04-2004, 04:18 AM
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Default How do I attract butterflies

In article , Neil Jones
writes
Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote in message news:zr8w8
In article , Tumbleweed
writes

I'd say they probably are threatened, certainly as a kid I used to see lots,
very rare these days, I see more tortoiseshells and those brown one's whose
name I forget.

Probably Speckled Woods - food plant is Garlic Mustard, which occupies
the base of the hedgerows round here.

I think you are confusing them with Orange Tips (which do use Garlic Mustard).
Speckled Wood caterpillars re grass feeders. I have successfully bred them on
Couch Grass.

Neil Jones
http://www.butterflyguy.com/

Oops. "It's not the things that we don't know that's a problem; it's the
thing we know which ain't so" - Mark Twain, probably not in those exact
words.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley