Old 02-04-2004, 04:19 AM
Janet Baraclough..

Default Daffodils

The message
from "Tumbleweed" contains these words:

"Kay Easton" wrote in message
In article , paul bonner
writes
I planted some daffodils late last year and now have a magnificent show

of
them however I have planted them in the wrong place and wish to move them

a better local when they have finished flowering.

Should I lift them when they have finished flowering and then store them
until later in the year or lift them and immediately replant them in the

new
location?

Lift and replant immediately.

Thats going to damage their roots, which will set them back. Much better to
let them die down naturally and then move them, unless you need to move them
asap.

I've moved thousands of daffodils in the green as Kay suggests, and
they flower just as well the next year.

Letting them die down is no guarantee you won't damage roots; the next
year's new roots often start growing in summer, after only a very brief
rest.

Janet.