Old 02-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Emery Davis

Default How do I attract butterflies

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 01:54:18 +0100, Jaques d'Alltrades said:

[]
] Agreed that ransomes and ground elder are good, but properly treated,
] nettles are ace, too. Good King Henry, fat hen, glasswort, samphire
] (Crithrum maritimum, *NOT* Salicornia perennis!), sea kale, sea spinach,
] dandelion leaves and the young shoots of hogweed are all delicious as
] well.
]
]

Yes, it will soon be time for nettle soup. Our recipe comes from the American
"Joy of Cooking" -- which also has squirrel stew etc -- and isn't half bad.

The most interesting nettle concoction was eaten at a 2 ** restaurant in Caen,
nettle and camembert ice cream. This horrible sounding thing was actually
delicious!

Rusty, how to cook ground elder? Lor knows I've enough of it...

-E
-
Emery Davis
You can reply to