Old 02-04-2004, 04:22 AM
Rod

Default Ivy and stuff

On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 17:58:15 +0200, "JennyC" wrote:

"Dcjtee" wrote in message
How best can I treat this?

Just cut the stem at ground level. It will die in a few weeks.

Dave

The top growth will die of, but the roots will resprout.........
Jenny

And it'll look horrible in the meantime - a lazy way of doing the job,
and it doesn't stay done that way. As for the op's bindweed, I've been
doing some tentative experiments in places where I'm happy to
accomodate Ivy but where there's other stuff amongst it that I want
rid of. Ivy is hard to kill with Glyphosate based weedkillers so I've
been spraying the nettles etc and afi can see the Ivy has come to no
harm so we're going to try it on a bigger scale this season.

Rod

Weed my email address to reply