Old 02-04-2004, 04:23 AM
shazzbat

Default what to plant in an old shallow sink?

"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message
In message , JennyC
writes
"shazzbat" wrote in message
"dave @ stejonda" wrote in message

I have an old porcelain laboratory sink out side my front door

Alpines, houseleeks etc. They're small, they're cheap, they're not much
work. Gardening doesn't get much better than that :-))

I have several shallow pots planted with alpines which do really well on

my hot
roof garden.

Thank-you all for your suggestions. I hadn't discovered alpines before
so this is opening up a whole new area for me.

And here's another tip. Car boot sales are about to become a good source for
these plants. A couple of years ago we found a stall weighed down with them
and knocking them out at 50p!
We thought " at that price we can get a few extra and allow for failures" We
did. There weren't any :-))

Steve