Old 02-04-2004, 04:23 AM
Emrys Davies

Default Pussy Willow

'Joanne',

Hopefully this site will help. As you will see it is from the archives.
Make sure that you visit all of the contributions in the thread as it
covers most of what you need to know, I think.

http://tinyurl.com/ytwv4

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

"Joanne" wrote in message
My Salix caprea kilmarnock has once again (4th year running) not

produced
any pussies -- oh, tell a lie, it gave me one last year and one again

this
year!

It's in a raised bed in good soil, fed, watered, semi-shade, and

everything
else around it grows well. It's looked after but not molly coddled.

Last year's non-production of pussies I blamed on it having had rust

the
previous summer. But last summer I kept on top of things and made

sure it
was happy.

I spoke to it sharply last spring and told it that if it didn't do its

job
this year then it was for the chop. So, does anyone have any ideas to

give
it another stay of execution?