Old 02-04-2004, 04:24 AM
shannie

Default Can I save my plants n shrubs?

"shannie" wrote in message

it is necessary for me to move house this year, probably
in mid/late summer. The house is to be demolished to make a road (the price
of progress!!) so I am able to take the plants I want to take with me. I
have lots of 45gallon drums which I can cut in half and Im thinking if I
dig up the plants now and pop them into them then they'd be ready for
transporting for late summer. Is this the best way to go? Or does anyone
have any other ideas/suggestions I could go with. One way or another Im to
lose lots of my plants so I figure it's worth trying to save some.
Shannie

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
'Shannie',
You be able to save those shrubs|trees if you follow a few simple rules as
outlined in these informative sites.
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/pla...ees/f1147w.htm
http://gardenline.usask.ca/trees/moving.html
As you will see it is important that you secure an ample rootball, wrap it
in hessian or similar and keep it moist. Spray the whole plant in
hot weather to replace lost moisture caused by the root disturbance and if
practical shade from direct sunshine.
I wish you luck.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Thank-you Emrys, just the kind of sites I was looking for and couldn't find

Shan