Old 02-04-2004, 05:15 AM
Stephen M. Henning

Default A strange sight at Home Depot

wrote:

I don't think the retailers "want
to waste the resources of the world," but I do think they don't give
such things as value, morality or ethics a moments thought.

Retailers are business people dealing in commodities. The plants they
sell are grown just for them whether they be trees or petunias. If they
destroy them, I just means that they have expanded the horticulture
business by paying for excess production. Since plants are a renewable
resource, the only thing wasted is the container materials and energy.
Throwing away a dented can of veggies or fruit is more of a waste of
resources than throwing away plants.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to

http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman