Old 02-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Christopher Norton

Default How do I attract butterflies

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

Agreed that ransomes and ground elder are good, but properly treated,
nettles are ace, too. Good King Henry, fat hen, glasswort, samphire
(Crithrum maritimum, *NOT* Salicornia perennis!), sea kale, sea spinach,
dandelion leaves and the young shoots of hogweed are all delicious as
well.

Good old samphire. I`ve seen them on the wash picking like mad and when
asked they were going down to london as they know a restaurant that pays
a small fortune for it.

Grows like nothing else around these parts.
I`m quite partial to sea kale too but thats not too common now. 8-(