Old 02-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Frogleg

Default Ivy and stuff

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:32:43 +0100, Rod
wrote:

Ivy is hard to kill with Glyphosate based weedkillers so I've
been spraying the nettles etc and afi can see the Ivy has come to no
harm so we're going to try it on a bigger scale this season.

Glyphosate doesn't work well (or at all) on plants with 'waxy' leaves.
It needs to be absorbed by the foliage to work on the innards, and ivy
leaves (and Vinca major) are just too repellent.

The only way to eradicate ivy is to pull it all up. It can be
'controlled' by pruning or chopping off, as in the case of patio
encroachment.