Old 02-04-2004, 02:34 PM
Sharon Capps

Default New member

There are thousands of roses that do just fine in our region. If you want
some
recommendations I can let you know what thrives for me.

--
Theo

in Kansas City Z5/Z6?

I would love some recommendations. I would say I am zone 3/4. I know we can
get 30 below but not very often. You say that you do not provide any
winter protection for your roses? I also will follow your suggestion and
get some of the wood chips from the compost center at the same time I get a
load of compost. Thanks for all the help. It is nice when a newbie can get
some good answers and not feel dumb. I have always had to work out of the
home so gardening became something I did not get into. Now I work at home
and so I am more in tune with my yard and love to see the flowers start to
come up in the spring. Roses have always beens something I have wanted to
grow.
Sharon in MN Z4/Z3?