Old 02-04-2004, 03:09 PM
Steve

Default Pink Fir Apple

Bruce wrote:
Hi. Has anyone grown these before. It's a maincrop potato which are supposed
to spaced 18" apart but my seed potatoes are small, nothing like as large as
other maincrops, but I have read that it crops well. I've also read that
spacing also depends on size of seed. So what does that imply for the pink
fir apple? Any comments welcome.

Well, how bad do you need the extra room? If you have the space, I
would give them the 18 inches. (I have no experience with Pink Fir
Apple, so keep that in mind.)
Another idea would be to plant a section at 18" and another section
spaced closer. You could find out which section had a better yield
and you could see if the wider spacing produced bigger potatoes.

Steve