Old 06-04-2004, 06:50 PM
Hal

Default Ok, I give up..what is it?

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:33:17 -0500, "Cindy"
wrote:

I have two plants in my yard that are mystifying me. The first one is in my
back yard, in mostly sun/ some shade until late afternoon and has never
bloomed in the last 3 years, if it even blooms at all.

Pics are he

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/...at_is_it_2.jpg

http://img42.photobucket.com/albums/...what_is_it.jpg

This one looks like a crinum lily to me. (Sorry I couldn't find a
better picture showing foliage.)
http://www.floridata.com/ref/c/crin_asi.cfm
There are several varieties and I believe some are hardy to Zone 6.
The leaves come from a bulb, bend over, some touch the ground and
continue to grow all summer. They get rather long here and in the
way of the lawn mower. The one I had was called "Milk and Wine"
because of the wine stripe down a milky white blossom. In Zone 8
they bloom well, and they also multiply. The bulb is big, my shovel
is worn out and I have a bad attitude about separating bulbs.
Tenn?
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/l...450610587.html

Regards,

Hal