Old 06-04-2004, 08:12 PM
madgardener

Default My own experience with Lowes Outside Lawn and Garden lately

"LeeAnne" wrote in message
Hey Mad, sorry to hear things are so sh*tty for you at the moment. Do

what
you can to help and keep your eyes peeled at all times for other
opportunities :-)

Then I really do own the newsgroup a sincere apology because I wasn't
whinning or upset when I posted about the plants and Lowes. Things aren't
shitty honey. Really! I don't have to worry about another job, or am I in
jeapordy of losing my job. It's secure. Perhaps there was something in my
tone when I wrote it so to speak that misconstrued what I pasted here.

I put the original post and the responses to share. And the cut and pasted
post on the forum from someone else with their experience with Home Depot
and the paint.

I shouldn't do stuff like that Lee Anne...really! g

And, ignore the people who want to be assholes to you, you've got more
friends and people that enjoy reading your posts than you do ones who want

to rag on you about things - so no worries. If people don't like what you
have to say, they simply can ignore your posts, it's not that difficult.

And you're right. I don't pay attention to the negative, but I also look at
what that person is saying towards me. It's an insight I don't have. They're
looking at me and probably noticing that I haven't communicated well enough
and it's causing the negative reaction. Obviously I set my tone of my
written observation at work recently in such a way it sounded like I was
totally dissatisfied with the job. Not true. I like my job, I'm still
outside with the plants and customers and I'll keep on writing my whacky
rambling posts about my flowers and the fairies experiences.

I'm just grateful that I have a way to communicate with other people and
gardeners on top of it which makes each of us rather unique and special (by
the way...).

Spring is coming, but winter is still here near Boston dag gummit!

Well, we are in the middle of almost full blown spring, redbuds blooming,
dogwoods bulking up too soon, all manner of perennials and reseeding
annuals, shrubs, even the oaks and tulip poplars are plumped out and we're
in a cold snap. The old folks call it a redbud winter. The winds are from
the north where you are, mixed in with some massive humidity left behind
from a front that brought a cold ass rain yesterday. Today it spit cold
stuff and hovered around the upper 30's to low 40's and I worked outside.

But there were perennials that came in today that I got first peek at, a new
bright red dianthus that is the older typed fragrant one but it's very
strongly clove scented. And Grace Ward came in. The blue of those flowers is
absolutely irresitable. I had two plants to survive from last year and the
girth of the original plant has dimished and paled in comparrison to the new
plants. Of course. The two I bought today replaced four I lost, but I
sprinkled pea gravel thick around the soil under the clump which is what
they want. they're rock garden plants. they love to scramble over rocks. so
that's what I did this time. I put them in poor soil and in containers with
rocks in it and around them like I do with hens and chicks.

And there I was, freezing my butt off, running a cash register, in the wet
and cold and was still thinking about plants. Told the hard core customers
that kept coming in because they have spring fever too and where I work has
too many annuals and too early perennials. It was still neat. Gotta laugh,
Lee Anne, because they got in BLOOMING Iceland poppies today, and more red
asian lilies in either bloom or full bud. And blooming coreopsis. I mean,
it's hilarious to say the least. Give's me something to look forward to in
May g!!

What I really want to do is check blooming shrubs. I've been off enough that
there are new shrubs come in I am unaware of. It's still neat! A customer
bought a weeping cherry tree today that I swear was a 10 year old tree. And
in full bloom. Kewell in it's own way, all twisted and such. I would have
missed that if I hadn't been working in the garden center g the lady who
bought it had such a smile! I'd do that too if I had the money to purchase
a nice maturing ornamental 10 year old tree BSEG

right now my black cherry tree is in complete and total bloom. You should
see the pictures.............

maddie