Old 06-04-2004, 08:37 PM
Deb in AR

Default Need advice removing vinca minor

Ok...so anybody got a Nuke? LOL

--
Deb in AR
A desert-rat at heart!

"Starlord" wrote in message
Good Luck getting rid of it, I know of one lady who tried to remove
it, and short of dropping a NUKE on it, no way.

--
Dragons Must Fly when Thread's in the Sky

www.starlords.org

"Deb in AR" wrote in message
m...
I'm new to the NG and new to gardening, so I really could use some

help
here. We've just moved into a house, and the previous owners

planted vinca
minor in about 4 different places. It's starting to overtake some

of the
shrubs, so we're taking it out to plant some perinialls. (sp?).

Right now,
I'm just digging it up, by hand. My husband suggested tilling it

up. I
don't think that will work, since these are small areas. I've

surfed the
'net and the best thing I've found is just to dig it up. Am I

missing
something? And do I need to dig up all those little-bitty-tiny

roots, too?
Vinca minor is pretty, I'll admit, but when let go, like the

previous owners
did, it takes over everything it sees! Am I on the right track to

just dig
it up, or is there another way....without damaging the soil for the

new
flowers to be planted. :-) Any advice would be appreciated.

--
Deb in AR
A desert-rat at heart!

---