Old 06-04-2004, 08:44 PM
John McGaw

Default Need advice removing vinca minor

"Ann" wrote in message
"Jim Voege" expounded:

Lest all fear to plant vinca minor as a result of this thread, we have a
variety that spreads via above-ground stems. It is very easy to control.
As a matter of fact, I've had to give it a bit of a helping hand to

spread a
little faster.

Actually I've got it in one spot in my side yard, and it pretty much
stays there. I've been down to Madgardener's garden, though, and seen
what she's up against. Must be the climate, I guess. Others have
such a problem with it, I think it's pretty.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

I'd love to have more vinca growing and wish it was able to overtake the
English ivy. I started to think that I was getting my wish until I
discovered that what I took to be especially agressive vinca was actually
Euonymus fortunei which is now threatening to take over every tree and wall.
And even that won't go where the ivy is growing....
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]