Old 06-04-2004, 08:45 PM
Jim Voege

Default Need advice removing vinca minor

"Ann" wrote in message
"Jim Voege" expounded:

Lest all fear to plant vinca minor as a result of this thread, we have a
variety that spreads via above-ground stems. It is very easy to control.
As a matter of fact, I've had to give it a bit of a helping hand to

spread a
little faster.

Actually I've got it in one spot in my side yard, and it pretty much
stays there. I've been down to Madgardener's garden, though, and seen
what she's up against. Must be the climate, I guess. Others have
such a problem with it, I think it's pretty.

Indeed. I use it to dress up the floor of those areas of the yard that are
too shady for grass, although at the cottage we had it growing on the face
of a steep, quite sandy bank facing south with lots of reflection from the
nearby water. A mass of pretty blue flowers in the spring and shiny dark
green foliage throughout the year. Quite happy on a yearly diet of no more
than fallen leaves. My kind of plant. :-)

However, we are talking about the variety that spreads above ground. Makes
all the difference in the world.

Jim