Old 06-04-2004, 08:45 PM
madgardener

Default My own experience with Lowes Outside Lawn and Garden lately

wrote in message
Ahhh... but you cannot MAKE anybody feel anything. and frankly there are

a lot of
people who are more than willing to be black holes of negativity without

anybodys
"help". you are not a negative person. Ingrid

And you are so right, Ingrid. But,maybe it's me, but I am getting weary of
people who are so opinionated and intolerant of someone like myself who just
likes to alert people about situations I am involved with. Working at Lowes
gives me an inside view. I try to be totally objective about these things.
I don't repeat gossip, and I also realize both sides of the situation.
Rather than let it upset me or drive me away, the responses from some people
just reminded me of what you put so short and sweet. I know I can't make
people feel anything. But if I reached a few with my observations, maybe I
can make a small dent. My attitudes about things of this nature (along
with others, like Monsanto, Monrovia, etc) are just that. My attitudes. I
don't expect the world to be like me or think or feel like I do. There are
enough compassionate people out there that gives me a small speck of hope
that we can make a difference and set some things right.

I've always said I can't change the world, but I can take care of my little
corner of it where I live. I guess I'm naive when I think that most
gardeners care and are compassionate. I keep forgetting that gardeners are
still people. Diversified in their manners, habits,attitudes and beliefs
just as the people's of this little blue marble are.

I won't let it flatten me. g Today the skies have partially cleared out.
The sky is bright scrubbed powder blue. The sun is out warming the chilled
earth here, where yesterday it was biting cold and damp and miserable. Even
the birds were not singing with as much passion yesterday. I did get chirps
and weeps of gratitude from the hordes of yellow,rose and other finches that
have swarmed Fairy Holler and depleted the socks of thistle seed, as I
filled the six tubes up with fresh seed. And I was blessed by a titmouse as
he lit on me while I hung the extra suet cage in the young pawlonia tree so
they'd all have some warmth giving food to tide them over this cold snap we
had. Redbud winter, almost Dogwood winter were it not for the fact that the
dogwoods are just now unfolding their bracts.

Tomorrow I will be working until the mid afternoon, but want to write a post
and share early spring with you. Thanks for the kind and uplifting words,
Ingrid.

madgardener. Up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, where thru the eastern
window in the nook, I can barely see the blue sky for all the black cherry
blossoms. Overlooking English Mountain (I bet today I can actually SEE it
instead of the dark, low clouds and mysts that were these yesterday) in
Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36