Old 06-04-2004, 08:48 PM
Cereus-validus

Default Kaffir Lily is an offensive name

Ah yes, but it is the uneducated great unwashed that are the ones that are
quickly offended because they believe everyone is making fun of them anyway
and they will quickly riot if they believe they are being insulted.

They are the type of people who will drag Americans through the streets
without a second thought.

All through history it has been the great unwashed that have repeatedly
toppled great civilizations and set mankind back thousands of years by doing
so.

"Delta Nine" wrote in message
Darren Garrison wrote:

On 3 Apr 2004 22:16:02 -0800,

(theoneflasehaddock) wrote:

Yes there is a lot of political correctness gone mad.I believe that

you
still talk about "Black berries", Here some of the Politically

correct
brigade insist that they be referred to now as "Bramble fruit".
Short people are "Vertically challenged"
People with a disability are not disabled they are "Differently able."
And it goes on and on

The funny part is, most people who are part of the PC-protected groups

have
no interest in their PC names. Most black people I know want to be called
black, not "African American" as that implies that they're not American
born. Most deaf people I know are deaf, not hearing impared (hearing
impaired implies difficulty hearing, not total lack of hearing ie

deafness)
The African American one brings to mind the white South African born kid
who got in trouble for applying for some sort of "outstanding African
American student" award because he wasn't black. Even though he had

better
claim to the title "African American" than any American born black kid. I
mean, shit, he was ****ing *born in Africa*

Political correctness was just as much of an attack on free speech as the
people who believe that saying bad things about Bush is tantamount to
treason. More so, actually, it's been building up for a longer time and
has had much more sway than the recent war on terror trend.

Remember the financial advisor in DC who had to resign for using the word
"niggardly" just because it sounds similar to "******" Nevermind the fact
that niggardly shares no origins with ******, and has a perfectly
acceptable use given the context. It means "stingy" or "miserly" and is
completely acceptable to use when talking about finances.

See, that's what political correctness is about: It doesn't matter if
you're right or not, it only matters if people are offended. Well guess
what? There's nothing in our laws that imply you have a right not to be
offended. In fact, with freedom of speech you're pretty much guaranteed

be offended at some point in your life. People just need to get a thicker
skin about it, and not try to coerce others into not offending them.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: People are stupid.

And Brazil nuts are still called ****** toes

How'd they get that name?

I know this is an attempt at a troll, having cross-posted to all of

these unrelated groups, but I'll
post this article I found anyway:

http://www.the-scientist.com/yr1991/...in_911125.html

The Scientist 5[23]:0, Nov. 25, 1991

snip

--
Peace,

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

I'm tellin' ya D9, you can't go wrong with gallons and gallons of urine.
- T.D. Shadow