Old 06-04-2004, 08:49 PM
Phisherman

Default My Christmas Cactus Question

I found that moving the plant after it sets buds will cause the buds
to fall off. I'd probably buy a plant in full bloom, just to see what
I'd be getting years away. Some Christmas cactus are particular about
how and when they bloom, and just changing the room or setting the
plant outdoors on the porch for the summer can make a huge difference
at bloom time. They like manure teas, fish emulsion, and other
organic fertilizers. Inadequate quick drainage is one way to kill
them. I have a collection of five kinds, all over 20 years old doing
exceptionally well.