Old 06-04-2004, 08:50 PM
David Hill

Default Kaffir Lily is an offensive name

"......."Kaffir" as a derogatory term, was seeded over half the world by
British Colonials and the British Army. There are still enough white Brits
using it that way to ensure that all black Brits are well aware of the
insult.
Janet.

To help you avoid being offensive due to ignorance; the term kaffir equates
to "******", not "black".

Janet ........"

Thank you so much Janet for pointing out the error of my ways, though as far
as I know no one grows either kaffir berries or ****** berries.....just
Black berries.
Just a pity that your views are so bigoted and seem to relate to a different
country to the one I live in.......
I was at a training course once on the subject of political correctness
where the lecturer was Female, in a wheelchair and with both a hearing and a
sight loss.......she insisted that all people who were not Caucasian should
be referred to as "Black" which she seemed to think wouldn't offend Asians
or Chinese and Japanese.....
Her attitude was "That is what I say , and that is what it is.......I am the
expert."
It is just as easy to be offensive in the way that you say something as it
is by what you say.
David Hill
Abacus nurseries
www.abacus-nurseries.co.uk