Old 06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
junkyardcat

Default Tall Flowers that grow in the shade?

Hi Mike,

I'm in Mount Pleasant, TX, which is East Texas Anything that has some
color to it, whether flashy or subtle

Thanks!
Angie

"Mike Prager" §kill-spam§mprager@§alum.§mit.§edu wrote in message
junkyardcat wrote:

I want to plant more flowers, and I have a shaded area at the front of

my
property that could really use some color. Are there any tall flowers

out
there that thrive in the shade? Do Cannas only do well in full sun? Even
flowering hedges would do if they're nice and colorful Any

suggestions?

Where are you? Choices depend on location. And when you say
"flowers," do you mean only the showy kind, or would plants
that have more subtle flowers do, as well?

Mike Prager
Beaufort, NC (on the coast in zone 8a)
(Remove spam traps from email address to reply.)