Old 06-04-2004, 08:52 PM
paghat

Default Kaffir Lily is an offensive name

In article , "Ricky"
wrote:

Interesting. To busy for common courtesy or respect. Any word
perceived as a hate word should be eliminated from common usage. Such
as, ******, Kaffir or Kafir (I used to think there was a difference).
How about Wop, Dike, Queer, Kike, Frog, Coon Ass, Mick? Has our
educational system slipped so far that the graduates from elementary
school are unable to express themselves without the use of such words?

I saw a queer thing this morning. A frog was sitting on a dike. I asked him,
"How come you are sitting on your ass lookin' like Mick Jagger?" He told me
that a big rock fell out of the sky and hit the water right in front of him
it made a sound like "wop" and threw him up on the dike. Then along came a
possum and a coon and he was so scared he decided to spend the day until all
the big animals went away.

Words are just words until someone let's them get under their skin. Use 'em
right or use 'em wrong, but they're just words.

Right. The irony of any free speech argument being about what CANNOT be
said....well, yes, words are powerful, that's why people use them. Most
arguments for why not to express oneself in this manner is in reality an
argument to do so. Any one who can't tell the difference between "This is
my main ******" & "let's lynch some ******s" just isn't going to have any
ideas worthy of their right to free speech, but I uphold their sacred
right to be shallow & boring & call that "politeness" while impolitely
telling other people they're not shallow & boring enough. There is nver
anyone so far distant from polite who demands of others. In fact, now that
I think of it, of the words Cocksuck & Polite, Politis the dirtier word --
if one judges the context of the speakers demandin milquetoast behaviors &
anti-free-speech pseudo-politeness of others.There is only one good
argument for cleaning up one's image: "you're addressing children, so stop
being such a dirty ****." Adults telling adults how they have to speak is
totally lame.

"If President Kennedy got on television and said:'I'm considering
appointing two or three of the top ******s in the country to my
cabinet'-if it was nothing but ******, ******, ****** - in six months
****** wouldn't mean any more than good night, god bless you. when that
beautiful day comes, you'll never see another ****** kid come home from