Old 06-04-2004, 08:53 PM
McQualude

Default ford vs murray

(JK) said:

I have an acre of lawn and an equal amount of new pasture needing to
be cut this year. I also need to tow a small manure spreader every
day. Now, a new 20 hp Murray sells for $2000 at Home Depot, while an
older, yet well-kept 1996 15 hp Ford can be bought for $2200 at my
neighbour's farm across the road. He says the Ford is a better
tractor, able to change oil and filters, etc. What do you think?
km

Murray is about the cheapest lawn tractor made, $2000 sound very
expensive. I don't know what the Ford is worth, I didn't even know Ford
made lawn tractors until today. If your neighbor is a decent person and
they are willing to sell it to a close neighbor, it is probably well take
care of. I would spend a few days shopping around and if you want a
quality mower, skip Murray and look at John Deere, Wheel Horse (Toro), Cub
Cadet just to name a few.

Just curious, why are spreading manure every day?
--
McQualude