Old 06-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Beecrofter

Default Lawn taken over

(Josiane) wrote in message . com...
Our fescue lawn was always bad. We have invested in Chemlawn several
times but the weeds have always come back.

Start by locating your counties Cooperative Extension office.
Hint the government pages of the phone book perhaps under USDA
Or your county name and cooperative extension as google search terms.
Ask them about a soil test and for turf grass information specific to
your area.
Adjusting the soil Ph to optimum for the grasses that will grow in
your region and increasing the soil's content of organic material
will go a long way towards improving your results. Proper mowing is
another consideration as it is very hard to grow decent turf if it is
mown too low or too late.

Weeds will always come back. The trick is to give the turf grasses the
advantage.