Old 06-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Roy

Default ford vs murray

Originally when ford sold L & G tractors under their FORD name they
were made for them by ............yep, Murray. Ford has not made a
gas powered L & G tractor for some years now, or at least thats what
my Ford Dealership told me last August when I was in the market for a
new L & G to replace a 30 year old JD. The smallest tractors that Ford
sold were still just small diesel powered and all had 4 wheel drive,
just not suitable for a L & G with ag type tires. Fine for in a garden
but he%% on a lawn. Last I remember seeing any small gas powered
Ford L & G in the dealers was about in the late 80's or early 90's. I
would have to belive that 2000 bucks for a used L & G tractor gas
burner type made by Ford is worth that kind of money. Its got to be
10+ years old at least, and they certainly do not hold the value like
a JD or Kubota or other major manuf. does.

On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:31:53 +1000, len gardener
wrote:

===thanks farmerdill,
===
===so fiat own the ford tractor/lawntractor manufacturing now?
===
===there is a lot of badging going on with garden machinery i tend to
===stick with models that are manufactured by the brand maker.
===
===enjoy
===
===len