Old 06-04-2004, 08:56 PM
clc

Default Did I do something wrong to my seedlings?

Brigitte,

Being as you are in Zone 5, you do NOT want to set your seedlings out during
the daytime yet. Number one, seedlings need to be slowly acclimated (what
is commonly refered to as "hardened off") to the outside environment. This
is usually accomplished by setting outside for a small amount of time a day,
working your way up to the full day. Number two, our temperatures in Zone 5
are not yet warm enough for seedlings to survive being outside.

The optimum answer for you is to keep your seedlings in the brightest window
you have (or directly 1-2" below a flouresent light fixture would be ideal)
and turn them at least once a day. If you have a small fan, point it in the
direction of the plants so to provide them a slight breeze - this will help
harden them against the outside environment.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

As much as people on this newsgroup always try to be helpful, sometimes they
don't notice the zones where people are located and it can make all the
difference in the world.

Cheryl