Old 31-01-2003, 05:51 PM
Philip Lewis

Default [IBC] scales (was:Killing little white spiders?)

(Jim Lewis) writes:
Why use a poison when it is JUST as easy (or even easier) and a
LOT cheaper and safer to remove them by hand.

What does the alcohol get me? does it help soften the waxy coating?
how about turpentine. (just kidding.. but it is a wax remover)
Since it's citrus trees, perhaps I should use some some "orange clean"

I swear, some folks have never met a chemical they didn't like!

mmmmm... chemical recreation.... my favorite is Dihydrogen (Mon)oxide...
gotta watch out for addiction though... withdrawal can prove fatal.
(have you see the MSDS for it.. see
http://www.dhmo.org/ ,incredible
how dangerous this stuff can be!) Funny though, I've even found that
the plants get some "real happy" from it.

--
be safe.
flip