Old 06-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Lisa

Default Did I do something wrong to my seedlings?

"clc" wrote in message
Brigitte,

Being as you are in Zone 5, you do NOT want to set your seedlings out

during
the daytime yet.
Cheryl

Absolutely! It's way too early to think about hardening them off. That in
itself will put them under stress at this early point.

Two other things to look for......it is sometimes recommended that once the
second leaves emerge, pinch off the first leaves that first sprouted on the
seedling. Second, look to see if the roots are coming out the sides and
bottoms of the peat pods, this would indicate time to pot them.

Lettuce is awesome, in that the more leaves you pick, the more they will
grow, however, I'm really only familiar with leaf lettuce. I am also in
zone 5, and typically plant lettuce and radishes straight into the garden
about the second week of May in an effort to restrain myself from putting
too much in before the third week (as tempting as it is!!)

Good Luck
Lisa