Old 06-04-2004, 08:56 PM
madgardener

Default trout lilies

You can also get them from Dutch Gardens in the fall books for planting.
madgardener
"Pam - gardengal" wrote in message

"Keith Nuttl" wrote in message
We were out walking in the woods in Central Indiana and saw the trout
lilies and other wild flowers. We have a shady space in our yard that
looks like a perfect spot for flowers of that type.

Does any one know where you can buy seed or whatever to start these
types of flowers in your yard

Trout lilies grow from bulbs - Erythronium species. Some of the better

bulb
suppliers (like McClure and Zimmerman) will carry them. They are also

known
as avalanche lilies, snow lilies and dog tooth violets.

pam - gardengal