Old 06-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Frank Logullo

Default How far from house to plant trees?

"Matt" wrote in message
om...

30' ...??? Yesterday while driving around town, I took notice of trees
planted near peoples houses. I must have seen 50 trees in excess of 24"
diameter, literally 4 to 6 feet from different houses. Somehow I think

our
little japanese maple and weeping cherry will be just fine within 10' of

the
house.
thanks,

Stop and inquire at a few of these houses and ask them if they would plant
the trees if they had to do it over!
If I had to do it over after 25 years, I would never plant a large tree
within 200 feet of my house or a small one within 30 feet for that matter.
Frank