Old 06-04-2004, 09:15 PM
Katra

Default Potatoes in garbage bags

In article ,
(Marita J. Buffone) wrote:

I want to grow potatoes in black garbage bags on my deck. Any
information about this would be helpful.

Also, has anyone used store bought potatoes successfully rather than
purchasing seed potatoes? I want to use a couple baking potatoes and
a couple red potatoes that have sprouted.

Marita (I think Zone 5 - western Orange Cty, NY)

Stacked tires are supposed to work well. :-)

I'd worry about mold growth with plastic bags???

Dunno.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov