Old 31-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Carl L Rosner

Default [IBC] Killing little white spiders?

Have you tried an oscillating fan? My population of pests is quite
small if at all, since I have a fan blowing across my trees 24/7.

As a side note: I use rubbing alcohol in my soap solution if and when I
see Scale. That scale population has never enlarged their population,
since I spray the alcohol/soap solution at least three times with a
three day interval if and when I see scale or any other pest..

Carl L. Rosner

Philip Lewis wrote:

(Dave Stegink) writes about a spider infestation.

Have you considered what the spiders might be living upon?

assuming they are not the worlds first vegetarian spiders (ok, i don't
know this for sure), there must be a supply (and a good one at that)
of other critters in the "garden". you might have a little army of
natural pest destroyers at your beck and call.... eliminate the
spiders, and who knows what will surface.

whenever i find a spider in the house that i have to, for some reason,
move.... i try to relocate them to my plants...

on the other hand... i really need to do something about this scale
problem i have on some of my citrus mini-trees... I've been
manually removing them, and washing/lightly brushing the plants, and
making sure the sticky dew doesn't build up too much... but i keep
seeing them... might have to resort to something a little more
drastic... thoughts, keeping in mind that that we have cats that
might want to nibble the leaves?

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++