Old 06-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Black stuff on a new juniper

In a message dated 4/4/2004 11:40:25 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
writes:

I just rescued a juniper of some kind from a landscaping place ... it
was a freebie, looking a little funky ... after repotting it and
trimming off the brown crunchy parts I noticed that the green parts
have a fine black stuff on the bark mostly. Looks like mold maybe? Any
idea what this stuff is and how I can treat it?

The "black stuff" probably is a mold and means the tree was being kept too
wet without enough light. You can use an old soft tooth brush to remove the
"black stuff" but you will need to give the plant more light and less water to
keep it off.

Billy on the Florida Space Coast
BSF Annual Convention May 28 - 31, 2004 Radisson Hotel, Cape Canaveral,
Florida
Sponsored by The Bonsai Society of Brevard and the Treasure Coast Bonsai
Society
http://www.bonsaisocietyofbrevard.org/2004/2004.html

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++