Old 06-04-2004, 09:21 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Lotus Repotting Yet?

"Nedra" wrote in message
news
BV,

I'm delighted to report that we don't have to get in ice cold
water - not yet! You can wait until there are two, maybe 3
leaves floating on the surface before Repotting. This info
is per James Allison of the International Water Lilies group.
snip

Well that is a relief, although last year, I got the tubors from a friend
and was running out of time, so I tossed them in 30 gallon rubbermaid and
sank it. The plants grew very nicely, but now they are 4 feet down and under
plenty of muckthat has fallen into the pond. I need to get them out of that
big barrel, replanted and in less water. Although I had great success last
year, I think this year, I'll plant them more properly.

I just need to find some shallow pots that are easier to move. I have a 3.5
foot long planter box, kinda window sill style. I was thinking of planting a
tubor in that and seeing how well it does this year.

--
BV.
www.iheartmypond.com