Old 06-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Nedra

Default SOS! Broke lotus growing tip

Hi Jean,
You'll have to clarify something for me. You say the growing tips
are disintegrating ... then you say the growing tips have extended
several inches. Are we talking about different lotus here?
I would leave it alone whichever it is. I think it's rather early -
mine haven't broken the soil yet but then I'm in zone 6.

Nedra in Missouri

"JeanW" wrote in message
m...
I received a Chawan Basu lotus tuber in March and planted it in a
mud/manure mix in a big rubbermaid tub with about 3 inches of water.
I accidentally broke off one growing tip and now the other growing
tips are dis-integrating too. Please help me save this lotus. Any
suggestions/advice will be highly appreciated. I am in Atlanta, 7B.
We had quite a warm spring so far. The growing tips have extended
several inches, but never unfold the curve to form any real leaves.
Is this OK at this time of the year because it's early?