Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Theo van Daele

Default Direct attack on K30P ;)

Hey Nedra, good to hear from you :-)

I'm still a "cat person" myself I think, but it blurs very much with Patsy
around. They are very different animals, have different needs, and
frankly, are good for our health. (going out, playing etc...)

It's also fascinating to see the cats interface with the dogs... we only had
her for 2 weeks now, and the cats mostly ignore her these days. Although I
did see her chasing a fly together with our youngest cat The first 3
days it seemed we had no cats left (they were very mad at us), and we
panicked a bit, but since then, it goes better every day, and the cats very
much demonstrate a "OK, you got this smelly stupid thing, but this is our
house and we will not give in" attitude.

We specifically wanted a lab because they are almost always non agressive
dogs, very much into playing and pleasing the "bosses". She has not let us
down in that respect at all. She never barks, and only chases the cats
when they run away from her (but that is normal).

Glad your pond is waking up as well, it's a special time of year for most
ponders I think.

My pond as it was end of Feb:
http://www.wide-o.net/pond2004/pond_feb_22.jpg

And don't get me started on weeding ;-)

I'll try to be around a bit more, but it seems that with each year I get
older (well, I'm a kid from your perspective, just 42 something :blush I
have less time to do everything I want to do. But anyhoo, sixth year into
ponding, and although I had my setbacks, I don't regret it at all.

Roll on warmer weather !

Theo

PS: why do our ponds seem smaller every spring ?? ;-)

"Nedra" schreef in bericht
hlink.net...
What neato pictures, Theo. I think the little black doggie is
just precious, but I still favor the inscrutability of the cat!
Your pond sounds wonderful ... You were able to enjoy it
for a longer period of time this past winter.
Mine is open ... At least everything is up and
running, fish look healthy, etc . etc. Now I have to get out
there and start weeding around the pond.

Glad to see your back.

Nedra