Old 06-04-2004, 09:25 PM
GaneaRowenna

Default cooler pad as filter media?

After a long winters nap, I am back. I didn't post much last season so you all
probably don't remember me, but here I am.
I am so excited for the new season!
I am in the process of building a filter out of a 70 gal stock tank. I found
many ideas and have combined them into my own design. I am trying to figure
out what to use for filter media. The nearest pond store, Lowes, Home Depot is
2 1/2 hours away, but I found some cooler pad that I think might work. It is
blue, called Dura-Cool. It says it does not decay and is non allergenic. If I
cut this into smaller pieces, will this work?
Thank you so much.

Shawn