Old 06-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Lee B.

Default Prazi (praziquantel) Help

Yeh - I've had a couple die this year, too. Gills all swollen, o'wise no
external damage. I thought maybe it was the Proform-C - even though it was
well diluted before adding it to the pond. Now I think I've seen chilo. I
purchased a video camera that fits inside my scope so I can view on a TV
(makes scanning much faster); when I see something that warrants
investigation, I pop the camera out, put the eyepiece back in, and get a
better focus. At any rate, chilo at 400X still looks like grains of salt,
but on a 19" TV screen, they're about the size of a thumbnail - much easier
to see. At any rate, I'm afraid to do another round of Proform-C with
suspected gill damage, and afraid NOT to use it. Any suggestions?

Lee

"~ jan JJsPond.us" wrote in message
s.com...
So - tell me: did ya try mixing it yet? Even mixing it in Proform-C

didn't
do much . . .Supaverm is much easier to use s.
Lee

Yes I did. I used Paracide Green, formalin (and malachite green, I think).
What I didn't know was how much this stuff settles in the container on
shipment, so each Tablespoonful probably had much more than was needed. So
I think I got the desired dose mixed in, the rest floated on the surface
like little bb-sized pieces of styrofoam for a few days.

Fish I was concerned the most with, reacted well, swam around better for a
few days, but now it is back on its side. I'm hoping this is because of
needing time for the gills to heal and with warmer temps it will get
better. I've also started my Koizyme treatments. ~ jan

~ jan (Do you know where your water quality is?)