Old 06-04-2004, 09:27 PM
Mike Patterson

Default stupd pond cleaning questions

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:27:30 -0400, "Benign Vanilla"
wrote:

snip
Your pond is an ecosystem. Cleaning it out can
harm the ecosystem.

snip

LOL!

I live a few miles south of Atlanta, and between the pine pollen and
the lack of plants in my newish pond, it looks more like a vat of
green paint than any sort of ecosystem!

I'm anxious for warmer weather so the plants can start growing. Dumped
a half-dozen water hyacinths in there Saturday, but temps have been
hovering in the 40-50's so they aren't interested in doing anything
right now, I think.

Busily making a milk-crate filter today to see if it can help at all.
http://www.mvwgs.org/filter.htm

The way things look right now I figure I'll need to clean it at least
once a day for a while...

Mike Patterson
Please remove the spamtrap to email me.